Frequently Asked Questions
- Company name
- Billing address
- Contact phone number and email address
- Ship to address
- Shipping method
- Project name and location
- Specifying architect or design firm
- Products you wish to order
- Tax certification number to remove tax from your orders, if exempt for resale
No, we are unable to process an order over the phone.
Having a proforma account means that payment for the order is required in advance of shipping products, and for putting an order into production for back-ordered products. New customer accounts will always have a proforma account. You can contact our credit department at 1.800.221.1540 to review your account for different terms.
Payments from the US and Canada can be made via credit card, ACH, wire transfer, or check.
To pay by credit card, ACH, or wire transfer, please contact our credit department at 1.800.221.1540.
If you are paying by check, please include the order number in the memo and mail your payment to:
For US payments only:
200 Hudson St. FL 9
New York, NY 10013
For Canadian payments only:
P.O. Box 10044
Postal Station A
M5W 2B1 Canada
In-stock orders will ship within 48 hours of when your order and payment are received. If goods are not in stock, you will be notified of the shipping date once your order and payment have been received.
Yes, we do ship internationally. Your customs broker information is required to complete the order.
For sample orders, please log into your account and view tracking information in your order history for sample orders placed online. If you placed your order by phone or email, please reach out to your sales representative or contact us at 800.221.1540 or on our . If you placed your order with Mercato Place please request tracking from them directly.
When referring to a textile as “railroaded,” it denotes a different orientation from its original woven direction. There are three primary types:
- Shown Railroaded: This occurs when the fabric is turned 90 degrees from its woven direction. The repeat size is usually listed in its non-railroaded form, as initially produced.
- Woven Railroaded: A railroaded textile runs perpendicular along the roll, contrasting with a non-railroaded textile that typically runs “up the roll,” following the direction in which it’s woven.
- Applied Railroaded: Fabrics are often used railroaded when applied to furniture to necessitate less yardage or fewer seams, enabling better pattern positioning for furniture application.
No. Our samples are free and we offer free shipping.
We offer Ground, 2-Day and Overnight shipping. At checkout, you can obtain an estimate of when your sample will arrive by viewing the shipping map. This will be based on your location.
Sample orders that are in stock and placed by 5:00pm EST will ship the same day. Sample orders placed after 5:00pm EST will ship the next business day.
If you placed your order online, log into your account and view the tracking information in your order history. If you placed your order by phone or email, you can reach out to your , contact us by phone at 800.221.1540 or via our . If you placed your order with Mercato Place, please request the tracking details from them directly.
Digital Studio and Custom samples are produced on demand and shipped separately, with slightly longer lead times.
Product specifications can change over time so please refer to the specifications stated on the website for the most up-to-date information.
The project specifier refers to the design or architecture firm that was responsible for selecting the finishes of a project.
Designtex sales representatives receive credit for projects based on the specifying firm that was responsible for the selection.